Tuesday, December 2, 2014

My Birthright, My Wonderful Life



Quote:   We're born with success. It is only others who point out our failures, and what they attribute to us as failure. -- Whoopi Goldberg

Perspective:  I used to think pessimists had the best outlook.  If you’re a pessimist, you’re never disappointed.  If you’re a pessimist your negative thoughts and the other negative thinkers you hang around are always right.  But what a way to live. 

What does success mean?  What does failure mean? 

Dictionary definition:
  • Success:  the favorable or prosperous termination of attempts or endeavors; the accomplishment of one's goals. 
  • Failure: nonperformance of something due, required, or expected
I started to think of my definition for success.  I also started to think of my definition of failure.

My definition:
  • Success: staying stuck and not trying, not learning from a plan/course of action.
  • Failure: remorse and regret from not trying
Have you heard these type of negative questions/comments previously?
  • Is that coaching thing working out? 
  • When are you going to get a real job? 
  • If you weren’t so picky, you wouldn’t be single.
  • When you relax, you’ll have XXXXXX.
I need to be aware of the fact that my definition of success and failure is vastly different from my family, friends, social media acquaintances, strangers, etc. 

I am a different person than people in my inner circle.  It’s great I’m the product of my background.  It’s great my past history is part of me.  It’s great my past is not the only part. 

It’s great I blaze my own trail.  When I travel on a road not traveled upon, I need to pay attention.  When I know I need to pay attention, outside comments distract me. 

Thank you to everyone for sharing your thoughts.  Now I’m moving forward and it’s a different path than you.  That’s great for me. 


Call to Action:  You are the reigning ruler of a nation.  What comes naturally to you?  How to do bestow “good things” on the people in your nation?  How do you allow others to bestow good things for yourself?  What is your coat of arms?

Coming up#smallchangesarehuge -- group coaching Wednesdays (biweekly) at 8 PM ET   >>  Small Changes are HUGE! Google hangout on Dec 3, 2014

No comments:

Post a Comment